1700 Period History Detail1800 History Detail1850 - 1900 History Detail1919 - 1930 History Detail1950 - Present History Detail2018 Election CalendarAdministrationAerospace Specific GrantsAmy Croft Secondary PlanBuilding Permit Fees / Permit Review TimelinesBuildings & PermitsBylaw Enforcement ServicesCandidate Nomination PackageCarbon Monoxide - The Silent KillerCertified Investment Ready SiteCommittee of AdjustmentCommunity and Development ServicesCommunity Improvement PlanConservation AuthoritiesCounty Road 22 Corridor StudyCurrent Water and Wastewater ProjectsDevelopment Application FormsDrinking Water Quality Management SystemElection 2014 SubElection Ward Boundary MapsEmergency Preparedness Plan Energy Conservation GrantsEngineering and Infrastructure ServicesEntrance Permits, County Approval & OtherFees and Development ChargesFinance Department General InformationFinance ServicesFinancial DocumentsFire PreventionFire Prevention on the FarmFire Safety PlansFlooding & SubsidiesGeneral Manufacturing GrantsLakeshore OPP Contact InformationLakeshore OPP NewsLakeshore Water Treatment PlantLakeshore's LocationLakeshore's Open for BusinessLakeshore's PeopleLakeshore's TransportationLakeshore's UtilitiesOfficial PlanOfficial Plan ReviewOpen BurningPermit Application FormsPermit Application FormsPlanningPlanning ApplicationsPolice ComplaintsPolice LinksPrivate HydrantsRequired InspectionsServices and Fee SchedulesSmall Business GrantsSmoke AlarmsSuperior Tanker Shuttle ServiceTaxesTelecommunication TowersWastewater Service AreasWater & Wastewater Flooding oldWater and Sewer BillingWater Kids ZoneWater Legislation & RegulationWater ProgramsWater Reports & PlansWater Service AreasWater Wastewater Bylaws and FormsWindsor Essex Economic Development CorporationYouth / Apprenticeship GrantsZoning Bylaw

Police Complaints

The Complaint Process

There are two main types of complaints. They are:

  1. Policies of, or services provided by, a police service;
  2. Conduct of a police officer.

Making a Complaint

Only the person directly affected by the incident may make a complaint. A complaint must be in writing and must be signed by the person making the complaint.


Please submit your complaint either in person or mail / fax to:

Contract Manager
Lakeshore Detachment
Ontario Provincial Police
775 Notre Dame Street
Lakeshore, Ontario
N0R 1A0
Fax: (519) 728-1992

If a complainant chooses to forward a complaint to the OIPRD (Office of the Independent Police Review Director), the complaint will subsequently be forwarded to the relevant police service. For more details regarding the complaint process, please visit http://www.oiprd.on.ca/EN/Complaints/Pages/Online-Complaint-Form.aspx

Time Limits

You must usually make a complaint within 6 months after the incident occurred.



Date edited: 01/19/2018