- Discover Lakeshore
- Build Lakeshore
- Live Lakeshore
- Leadership Lakeshore
A tasteless, colourless and odourless poisonous gas often referred to as the silent killer.
It is produced when fuels such as natural gas, oil, wood, propane and kerosene don't get enough air to burn up completely. Damaged or blocked exhaust venting as well as inadequate air flow can allow carbon monoxide to build up inside a home, a cottage, camper or tent.
Ensure that your CO detector is less than 5 years old, located in an area that will allow air flow around the unit and always follow the manufacturer's instructions for installation and use.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) is the leading cause of fatal poisonings in North America. Exposure to high concentrations can cause death in just a few minutes.
Low Concentrations, shortage of breath on moderate exertion; slight headache; nausea; dizziness.