The following list identifies a number of grants/funds available through the Province of Ontario and/or the Government of Canada. Each grant has specific eligibility requirements and conditions. Application deadlines vary. See link for grant details.
Apprenticeship Training Tax Credit
- Refundable Tax Credit up to 45% of eligible expenditures based on salaries and wages paid to an apprentice during the first 48 months of an apprenticeship program up to $10,000 per year. Maximum credit is $40,000 over 48 months.
Employer Apprentice Signing Bonus
Cooperative Education Tax Credit
- Refundable Tax Credit available to employers who hire students enrolled in a co-operative Ontario University or college education program. Credit is based on salaries and wages paid up to 30% of eligible expenditures up to $3,000. Employment period is minimum of 10 weeks up to four months.
Canada Job Grant
- Grant to cover up to 2/3 of the costs of training your employees, up to $10,000.
- Financial assistance for career related work experience to youths between the ages of 15 – 30.
Futurpreneur Canada has a range of programs for youth, new immigrants, and veterans. Programs include Start-up Program, New Comer Program, Spin Master Innovation Fund and the Prince's Operation Entrepreneur Program. They also have a mentoring program to provide expert advice and support.
Ontario Youth Employment Fund
Youth Employment Program
- Financial contribution towards the salary of a post-secondary graduate to help you research, develop and commercialize new technologies.
Date edited: 08/17/2017