Taxi Owner / Driver
Taxi Cab owners and driver’s licences are issued through the Corporate Services Department.
Current Fee Structure:
- New Cab Company: $106.00 annually
- Renewal of Cab Company license: $54.00 annually
- Taxi Cab Driver license: $21.00 annually (Police clearance and driver’s abstract must be provided)
An application form is to be completed and the following documentation is required :
- 2 current passport pictures
- Ontario Driver's Licence
- Driver's abstract from the Ministry of Transportation
- Police Clearance
- Application fee of $20.00
- Taxi Cab By-Law
- Taxi Cab Owner Applications
- Taxi Driver Application
- Police Clearance Process and Forms
In Accordance with the Integrated Accessibility Standard regulation:
- Taxi drivers and owners are not allowed to charge extra for transporting persons with disabiliities.
- Vehicle registration must be placed on the rear bumper.
- Vehicle registration is available in an accessible format for passengers who are persons with disabilities.