Engineering & Development
The Engineering Services division is responsible for:
- Reviewing new development proposals such as residential subdivisions, commercial, industrial and institutional developments.
- Ensuring compliance with the Town of Lakeshore Development Standards Manual, Subdivision Agreements and Site Plan Agreements, both at the design and construction stage for all new development.
- Ensuring mapping and record drawings are filed appropriately in order to be retrieved for review
- Provide servicing data to consulting engineers, developers, contractors, utility companies, property owners, builders, lawyers, staff, etc.
- Engineering Services works closely with Geographic Information Systems staff to ensure our GIS data is accurate and updated.
- The Division is also involved in Asset Management of municipally owned infrastructure and assists in providing and reviewing data.
The Town of Lakeshore's Development Manual has been completed. The Development Manual provides staff, consultants, developers and builders with minimum standards for development within the municipality.
Assumption & Acceptance of Services
Guidelines, Professional Engineers
Irrevocable Letter of Credit
Community Mailbox Installation Guideline
Appendix D: Park Fees
Appendix E: Partial List of Applicable By-laws and Policies
Appendix F: Figures
Subdivision Development Check List
Transportation Master Plan
At the July 7, 2008 Council meeting Council adopted the final report of the Transportation Master Plan. The Transportation Master Plan for the Town of Lakeshore provides a comprehensive long range plan that integrates the transportation infrastructure requirements of existing and future land use, with the community planning principles of the municipality for growth management, public safety, affordability, economic vitality and quality of life developed through the Town’s new Official Plan.
Comments on Engineering and Development related issues can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.