June 17, 2019Sandbags Available in Lakeshore
The Town of Lakeshore is continuing to support residents who want to protect their property from the high water levels by supplying sand and sandbags. The Town has received another shipment of sandbags which will be available at:
- Atlas Tube Rec Centre (front desk) from 7 am - 6 pm - Monday to Friday and 9:30 am - 6 pm on the weekends
will be available at the locations below:
- Gracey Sideroad at Lakeshore Road 301
- Haven Ave. (end of cul-de-sac)
-304 Rourke Line (old arena)
- West PW shop on Puce Road
- East PW shop on County Road 31
- Lakeshore Park
- Lion's Park off Melody
Lakeshore encourages residents who may not be familiar with sandbags to watch a YouTube Video from the Canadian Army showing how to fill and build sandbag walls. The video is available at this link.
Sandbags and sand are free to residents however residents will be requested to show identification of Lakeshore residency to Town staff and sign a sheet in order to obtain the bags. Residents are requested to bring identification and shovels.